Herbal first aid - simple and effective tips
Updated: Sep 7
1. BURNS – Lavender essential oil – this essential oil can be applied undiluted on a burn as a first aid. Submerging the affected part of the body into the cold water for 10 minutes works very well too.
2. BLEEDING – after cleaning the wound a generous sprinkle of Cayenne powder will stop the bleeding quickly, relieve the pain and support healing of the area (although this may sound very radical and painful, cayennes' dramatic action is felt mainly in the mouth, eyes and nose).
3. INSECT BITE – use Plantain (not the banana but Plantago lanceolata) as you have seen in movies, shortly chew and apply on a bite – to get more information how to do it and what the heck this plant is, get in touch.
4. HEADACHE - Peppermint (Mentha piperita) and Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) can stop migraine attack when used early enough.
5. ANXIETY and PANIC - Try a massage using calming essential oils such as Lavender, Rose, Sweet orange or inhale them from an essentail oil inhaler or a diffuser.